Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Goals, goals, goals

I am just going to lay this out there.  Some of you have heard these goals, and some of you have not. (Sorry Mom.)  I have wanted to triathlons for years, and have either had excuses, been pregnant or have just had a baby.  The timing never seemed right. 

That all has changed. 

The timing is perfect now! David gets a third week of vacation next year, so we can reasonably make a big race happen.  I am not pregnant, or planning on becoming pregnant in the next year.  And we have a little bit of extra money in the monthly budget to afford a gym membership.  I did splurge on the membership and added childcare on, which in the past week and a half has been the best thing ever!

That said my goals started out being just to complete a sprint and maybe an olympic distance, with someday completing my dream of a half ironman.  Well, since the stars have aligned for the next year, my goal is now to complete my half in Muncie 2014. 

I will be using this blog to vent my failures and celebrate my victories...join me if you would like.  Or at least cheer me along!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!!! You know we live in Muncie and I work for Ironman Muncie, right?? Way to go!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete