Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vacation leading to gym woes

I went home for a week! While I was there I had big plans to get most of my workouts in (no swimming) but lots of running and weights.  I made it to the gym exactly once, and about 3/4 of the way through a weight session mom received a call that my step father was sick and we needed to go home.  Fast forward a couple of hours and they decide to go to the hospital. And from that moment on the rest of my week didn't go as I had planned.  I did learn that Teague is SEVERELY allergic to cats.  I have never seen so many hives on one person.

I missed the gym.  I never thought I would say that, but I missed the gym.  I missed Leah, my workout partner, I missed Tasha, the instructor who might be sadistic but is just as amazing, and I missed my bike.  I guess I should have taken it with me.  Lesson learned for our real vacation in September.

I am having some issues though on my bike and while at spin.  My feet are going numb. (!!!) The instructor has said to be conscious of if I am curling my toes or to just go ahead and invest in shoes.  I went back to spin today thinking about my toes.  I am definitely not curling my toes, my feet are just sliding around in my running shoes and causing them to bunch up in the toe box.  That and where the pedal hits my foot on the backside is just in a weird spot.  I guess this means that I am going to buy shoes soon.  I knew it was inevitable, but I was hoping to delay it for a bit longer.

And I may be crazy, but I am enjoying the training so much for this half that I may not want to stop at just a half!  But that is for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment